Saturday, August 15, 2015

Mackinac Island Sailing School

Sorry I've been on a bit of a hiatus, but it's because of a very, very good reason. I've been aboard an awesome 52 foot sailboat for the past four days! Here is she, and oh my, isn't she a beauty?! The boat is named the Retriever, and is mainly used for taking the Boy Scouts out to teach them sailing. My great friend started a sailing school on the island, for the island kiddos, and I was able to go as an adult leader! It was an AMAZING experience and definitely something I'll never forget. Here's just a few Iphone pictures; the real ones on my SLR are uploading now and I can't wait to look through those and share them with you guys!

So absolutely awesome! 
The second night we slept on the deck; it was perfect. The weather was warm, the stars were out, there was a lightning storm to watch quite a bit of miles away, and the bugs stayed away. :) 
A beautiful sunset in the Mackinac Island marina. Our boat is the tallest one on the end! How snazzy! 
Waking up day four; I slept on the aft deck (look at me and all the sailing terms I learned;). The sunrise was indescribable. 

We managed to squeeze a few more on the deck for our last night! All the kids but one came out, and the other adult leader was on the bench with the blue pillow but woke up a bit earlier than me. Hey, I still woke up to watch the sunrise; it's crazy how early he woke up! 
I love reflections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment