Monday, March 2, 2015

Winter on Mackinac Island

This winter has been absolutely gorgeous. There's been so much to do! Anytime I talk to someone on the mainland about living up here, all I hear is that I must be so bored. Even I thought that there wouldn't be that much to do during the winter; I would just be busy making things all winter and not have anything else to do. That couldn't be further than the truth! There's painting classes, cooking classes, trivia, volleyball, snowmobiling, bonfires, skiing, and so much more. And, my favorite thing of all, just adventuring around the island. Since pictures are worth a thousand words, I'll share those instead, mainly because I don't want to write a few thousand words. 
This was one of my favorite days this winter-I bundled up and brought a blanket and it was so amazing. 
This was shot from the East Bluff; I love how the two lighthouses are lined up. :)
Ice is crazy cool! 
This was in front of Windermere Point; I love the sky and Mighty Mac in the background. 
It was such a foggy, creepy day!
One of my favorite things is when snow piles up on the trees.
Caught the snow falling at the exact right time!
Hiking up to Anne's Tablet!
The view from Anne's Tablet-the fort is on the right.  
The sky was so great. 
Love being able to see Round Island Lighthouse through the trees. 
This is why it's one of my favorite things.. So beautiful. 
Sunset from the boardwalk, right past the library.
British Landing sunset

Absolutely love this one. I shot it at the end of the Arnold Dock. 
How cool was this ice? It looks like some sort of crystal. 
Ice is the greatest filter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment